Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Year Pledge

An ancient Chinese proverb says the journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step. Well taking that as inspiration while I was on the treadmill for the first time in 4 years! I have decided to make this the year of 1000's.  1000 km of running (treadmil or road), 1000 hours of creative work (inspired by Victoria at 10000 hours of sewing) and having just ordered my new Kitchen aid mixer (in Raspberry) 1000 cookies/cupcakes!
All I need to do now is create a way of keeping a log of all this, I feel a spreadsheet coming on which will probably lead to another 1000 hours of Excel!

A "school mum" tipped me off to using the German amazon to get my Artisan Kitchen Mixer sent here, in Holland, same plugs/voltage/free postage, great tip, especially after the typically Dutch sales assistant in the Bijenkorf told me I could have it in Red, Black or Cream and "No they would not order my preferred colour to the store"...Just love Dutch Customer service!  Thank God for the Expat/schoolgate network!

Sewing wise I have found a great pattern for the tartan materiel I have been hording.  I found it in the old stash of Burda Style magazines I had on subscription in 2006! Its the first time I have used any of their magazine patterns so was pleased that I noticed in time that they do not add the seam allowance to their patterns, so out came the handy Seam guage to add to the pattern trace!  As promised I have also made a toile, which  should be piecing together now but the bottle of chilled Pinot Grigio won that discussion, so a job for tomorrow!

Wish me luck
Vicki





No comments:

Post a Comment